Prestige reward- Refund

SOLVED

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Prestige reward- Refund

Im not sure how many have actually tried to use this prestige reward but i have used it at 6th prestige and didnt recieve any unlock tokens nor permenant unlocks from this so im not sure if im reading this wrong or misunderstanding it or if its a glitch or bug in the game.  could smeone let me know if this is a bug or glitch, or what im actually supposed to get from it, as well as if this has been addressed by a dev or mod and how do i go about getting the reward or getting it back?

urWNFear
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Prestige reward- Refund

in reply to urWNFear
Solution

Here's how this works:

1. You reach lvl 55 (irrespective of which Prestige).

2. You decide - THIS IS IT - after I prestiget his one time I'm not going to prestige any more.

3. And you start playing - without any plans to prestige.

4. You earn tokens as you clear each lvl - and you spend them to unlock items that become available.

5. You get only 1 token per level - but there are far too many items.

6. Say, you really wanted to try out "Black Hat" - but you're at lvl 55 (& don't plan to prestige) and you have no tokens (meaning you spent all 55 tokens on various other items & missed out unlocking Black-Hat).

7. What do you do?

That's where this option becomes useful. You can collect a token back by locking up one of the items you previous unlocked. Say, you have gotten a gold--camo on your SMAW & you would rather use RPG instead (and you spent unlock-tokens to unlock both)- so (if you'd selected that Refund Option before prestiging to your current pr-lvl) you can now return the SMAW's token & get Black-Hat.

I don't find it too much sensible either - but you know what they say "IT IS WHAT IT IS".

MN

mn7_la1
9 REPLIES

in reply to urWNFear

the tokens you get each time you level up to unlock pick 10 items get refunded. only really useful if you don't intend to rank to prestige 10.

reason being is you can't unlock everything unless going all the way to 10, so if you spent all your tokens and wanted to try a gun you haven't unlocked then this is the way to do it.

unfortunately for you, you have wasted a prestige reward.

irish-sid

in reply to irish-sid

this makes no sense because u have to prestige to use this reward and i gave me nothing, are you saying that if i prestige and dont use this i dont get unlock tokens for leveling 1-55? if thats the case then why i have i had to unlock all the items again for the past 5 prestiges?

urWNFear

in reply to urWNFear

I just told you what it's for. if you don't want to prestige again you can get your tokens back.

irish-sid

in reply to irish-sid

You know if u want to have an attitude u dont have to answer posts

urWNFear

in reply to urWNFear

after you prestiege you still get unlock tokens.... just open up all the custom classes and then go from there...why refund any tokens any way.   lol

koivia

in reply to koivia

Okay so how about when say I'm lvl 55 about to prestige again sayyyy around prestige 6 or something and I get another CaC slot...did you notice as soon as your level one you can't really use a pre-made class?

Donuts248

in reply to urWNFear
Solution

Here's how this works:

1. You reach lvl 55 (irrespective of which Prestige).

2. You decide - THIS IS IT - after I prestiget his one time I'm not going to prestige any more.

3. And you start playing - without any plans to prestige.

4. You earn tokens as you clear each lvl - and you spend them to unlock items that become available.

5. You get only 1 token per level - but there are far too many items.

6. Say, you really wanted to try out "Black Hat" - but you're at lvl 55 (& don't plan to prestige) and you have no tokens (meaning you spent all 55 tokens on various other items & missed out unlocking Black-Hat).

7. What do you do?

That's where this option becomes useful. You can collect a token back by locking up one of the items you previous unlocked. Say, you have gotten a gold--camo on your SMAW & you would rather use RPG instead (and you spent unlock-tokens to unlock both)- so (if you'd selected that Refund Option before prestiging to your current pr-lvl) you can now return the SMAW's token & get Black-Hat.

I don't find it too much sensible either - but you know what they say "IT IS WHAT IT IS".

MN

mn7_la1

in reply to mn7_la1

Sorry for my incorrect knowledge here but what is "black hat"?

Donuts248

in reply to mn7_la1

Thanks for the in depth answer and now i understand it but seems like its very useless and should only be available to prestige 8+ or allow you to use it only after level 50

urWNFear

Studios