Over the past four Seasons of Modern Warfare, including Warzone, over a half dozen weapons – from the Holger-26 LMG to the CR-56 AMAX assault rifle – became available to unlock through the Battle Pass system.
However, if you just jumped into Modern Warfare today and missed out on the past three seasons of Battle Pass system weapons, fear not: you can unlock the base weapons from previous Seasons through in-game challenges.
For example, the Grau 5.56 was introduced in the Season Two Battle Pass system and is one of the most popular weapons in Warzone to date.
Here’s its in-game description:
This modular 5.56 weapon platform is lightweight and maneuverable, with exceptional range. Precision engineering and world class aftermarket barrels give this weapon extreme potential.
If you started to play after Season Two ended, you can still unlock the Grau through this in-game challenge:
Get 5 kills in a minute when using an Assault Rifle 25 times.
Speed, precision, and accuracy are all key to this challenge. Keep those and mind – and the follow five tips – and you’ll have your very own Grau 5.56 in no time.
An Alternate Way to Unlock the Grau 5.56
Before we give our tips for unlocking this powerful long-range rifle, there is another way to unlock the Grau 5.56 aka Assault Rifle Juliet outside of the challenge.
Available now in the Store, the ‘Syd: Rogue Operator’ bundle offers an Epic blueprint of Assault Rifle Juliet called the Mortal Coil, which shows how radically different this weapon can be configured compared to its base version. That’s thanks to the ZLR Drifter A-08 Barrel, the shortest Barrel for this weapon that comes with a built-in foregrip. This sets the weapon up for a CQB configuration, allowing you to snap quickly to targets and have a high mobility.
This bundle also includes an Epic new skin – Basilisk – for Syd, a sleek new watch, a vehicle skin for the Cargo Truck, and two items for your Identity in the form of a calling card and emblem.
So, if you just can’t wait to play with the Grau 5.56, consider picking up the ‘Syd: Rogue Operator’ bundle, or any store bundle that includes an Assault Rifle Juliet blueprint, and test it out.
Alternatively, if you’d rather earn this weapon through the in-game challenge – which is the only way to level the weapon up and unlock its Camo Challenges – don’t worry; we have some tips to make this easier on you:
Top 5 Grau 5.56 Challenge Tips
5. Fun-Sized and Frenetic… Some Multiplayer playlists feature maps that are small like Shipment, Rust, or, in select limited-engagement events, Gunfight maps outside of the Gunfight mode. Take your assault rifle into these kinds of playlists and embrace the frequency of engagements you’ll encounter in these close quarters.
4. … or Colossal and Chaotic. Alternatively, bigger modes, such as Warzone, could also work for this challenge, as you’ll have more enemies to theoretically take down when going for five kills in a minute. Remember: Plunder gives you multiple lives and access to your own loadout from the jump, so it may be a better place to go for challenges than Battle Royale modes.
3. Go for the Mid-Range. Whether you use a fast-firing M13 or a heavy-hitting Oden, all assault rifles’ effective ranges are somewhere within the medium-distance spectrum. A good rule of thumb is to start engagements from a dozen to three dozen meters out. However, if you have a clear shot on a target even if it is “too close” or “too far”, don’t be afraid to engage!
2. A Catch-All Recommendation for a Unique Weapon Class. Because every assault rifle is unique in its strengths and weaknesses, there isn’t much of a hard and fast rule for specific loadouts except for one: anything that extends your magazine capacity or ammo supply. Extended Mags and the Fully Loaded Perk fill those two needs respectively.
If you’re looking for a weapon with the most ammo per clip, the Kilo 141 takes the cake with a 100-Round Drum Mag. The Kilo 141 is also chambered in the super common 5.56 NATO cartridge, so running out of ammo won’t be too much of an actual concern.
1. Read it Back. “Get 5 kills in a minute when using an Assault Rifle 25 times.” This means you can stack multiple tallies if you are dominating within a single game. Keep playing aggressively, don’t quit out early, and you may find yourself banking 2, 3, or even a half dozen counts towards this challenge in a single game!
Complete this challenge, and you’ll unlock the Grau 5.56, an all-around powerhouse that has found a solid place within the community’s Warzone meta weapons. Try out all its barrel attachments just to get a taste of how radically different it can be used, and keep in mind its typical recoil pattern: upwards with a slight kick to the left before it slants back hard right.
For more information and the latest intel on Warzone, visit www.callofduty.com and follow @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.