A new challenger has arrived! Once Upon a Time in Rust, the sixth season for Call of Duty: Mobile, introduces a new Battle Royale class — the Poltergeist. The Poltergeist deceives opponents with its cloaking device, appearing first here and then suddenly there to all but the most eagle-eyed opponents.
Read on to find out all you need to know about the new Poltergeist class, including what it offers, how to unlock it, and tips for mastering it on the way to your next victory.
The Poltergeist uses subterfuge and surprise to confuse opponents. Whether you need to reposition for an attack or evade an incoming threat, its Active Camo cloaking ability provides near invisibility so that you can move without giving away your position.
And you move faster while cloaked, too. The Poltergeist’s Voidwalker ability increases running and walking speed when Active Camo is up, helping you reach your destination quickly and stealthily. This is invaluable when you need to move in the open where an enemy might otherwise see you.
Taking about a minute to charge up, you’ll be able to use the Poltergeist’s Active Camo ability several times in a match. Keep in mind, though, that firing your weapon at any time immediately deactivates Active Camo, so wait to shoot until you’re ready to commit to the kill.
How to Unlock the Poltergeist Class
To access the Poltergeist, you’ll first have to prove yourself. Beginning May 21, select the Event tab and then Featured to view the tasks you must complete in order to unlock the new class. Complete the variety of Battle Royale tasks and the Poltergeist is yours.
Now let’s discuss how to best use the Poltergeist class once you’ve unlocked it.
5 Tips for Mastering the Poltergeist Class
1. Remember that the Poltergeist’s Active Camo ability only provides near invisibility, not total invisibility. The closer you are to an enemy player while cloaked, the more likely they are to spot you. Choose your timing wisely.
2. Looting and fighting near the edge of the circle? Save Active Camo until it starts collapsing, and then activate it when it’s time to move — just make sure you find a building or some other cover before your cloak runs out. Plus, the Voidwalker ability will increase your speed to help you outrun the circle.
3. Use Active Camo to cloak yourself when you run into a group of enemies fighting each other. Let them inflict damage on one another while you get in position to wipe them all out.
4. Bait the enemy. Let them see you and then take cover where they’ll come after you. Use Active Camo to make a getaway while they waste their time searching for you or to reposition and flank them as they’re distracted.
5. We said it before and it bears repeating again: shoot your weapon and the cloak de-activates. The Poltergeist is all about the setup. Get into position, wait for the right moment, and attack.
Good luck. We’ll see you online.
For the latest intel, be sure to visit the Call of Duty: Mobile website. Also check out www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty, and follow @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
© 2020 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.