Season Four Reloaded brought in the big guns – or, literally, a massive sniper rifle – to Multiplayer, Co-Op, and Warzone™.
Free for all players who complete its challenge, the Rytec AMR is an anti-material rifle listed within the greater sniper rifle category capable of ripping through enemy equipment and vehicles, let alone infantry. Here’s its in-game description:
“This semi-automatic Anti-Material Rifle is chambered in .50 BMG for dominant long range assaults. A 25x59mm high-explosive payload variant is officially listed as “experimental,” but has been deployed on multiple classified missions with great effectiveness.
And here’s how you unlock the Rytec AMR:
Get 3 Quickscope Kills using Sniper or Marksman Rifles in 15 different matches.
Dust off your scope of choice and pop in that montage music playlist. Unlocking the Rytec AMR will require you to relive the “glory days” of quickscoping in Call of Duty. Fortunately, as you’ll find when attempting this challenge, quickscopers old and new can have some fun en route to unlocking this awesome AMR.
An Alternate Way to Unlock the Rytec AMR
Before we give our tips for unlocking this powerful long-range rifle, there is another way to unlock the Sniper Rifle Delta family outside of the challenge.
Now available in the Store, the ‘Lost Souls’ bundle includes the Damnation blueprint for Sniper Rifle Delta. This variant of the weapon comes pre-built with five attachments: the FTAC 488mm Dictator Barrel, Tac Laser, the Cronen C480 Pro Optic, Stippled Grip Tape, and the XRK Mastodon Stock. With these attachments combined, this configures a highly mobile weapon capable of aiming down sights at blazing speed compared to the base weapon.
On top of this blueprint, the ‘Lost Souls’ bundle also includes a calling card (‘Get Over Here’) and an emblem (‘The Chosen One’), both of which are animated to give your profile enough flair to match the Damnation’s awesomeness.
So, if you just can’t wait to play with the Sniper Rifle Delta, consider picking up the ‘Lost Souls’ bundle in the Store today.
Alternatively, if you rather earn this weapon through the in-game challenge – which is the only way to level the weapon up and unlock its Camo Challenges – don’t worry; we have some tips to make this easier on you:
Top 5 Rytec AMR Challenge Tips
5. Marksman or Sniper Rifle? Sniper rifles have a more forgiving damage profile, allowing for one-shot kills at greater distances and, in some cases, below the upper chest. However, marksman rifles are more mobile and make it easier to quickscope, at the cost of it being harder to land a reliable one-shot kill outside of a headshot. In summary, choose the weapon type – and more importantly, specific weapon – that fits your skill and comfort level.
4. Quickscoping 101. If you don’t know what quickscoping is, it’s simple: run around, acquire target, aim down sight, fire quickly, and repeat until you get three kinds of these kills in a game to tally one up for this challenge.
3. Stick to Multi-Life Multiplayer and Warzone Modes. Like the Kali Sticks challenge, multi-life game modes allow you to quickly rack up opportunities for quickscope kills. In other words, if that 900 reload cancel double switch fakie off the tower in Rust doesn’t work out, you can respawn and try, try again.
2. A Montage-Worthy Loadout. Now that you figured out what weapon you’re most comfortable with and how to quickscope with it, here’s a recommended loadout we have for this challenge, keeping in mind you should use a loadout that’s to your personal preference:
Primary Weapon: Your Choice
Secondary Weapon: Kali Sticks (Fastest weapon in terms of movement speed, to be whipped out when travelling towards the next engagement)
Perk 1: Quick Fix (Activates health regeneration immediately after kills, great for those bouncing between engagements quickly)
Perk 2: High Alert (Alerts you when enemies outside your peripheral vision target you, which allows you to snap around and quickscope them in response)
Perk 3: Amped (Faster weapon swaps to make those ridiculous double-switch quickscope moves easier to pull off)
Lethal Equipment: Any (doesn’t matter, but shooting and whipping out a Throwing Knife at the same time looks cool if you’re going for eye-catching plays)
Tactical Equipment: Flash / Stun / Gas Grenade (Disorienting your opponents make them easier targets to quickscope)
1. Reconnaissance is Power. Whether it’s running Recon Drones and UAVs on your own or playing with squad that makes reliable callouts and uses these recon tools religiously, the more intel you have on enemy movements, the more information you have to set-up your quickscoping trap.
If – and when – you unlock the Rytec AMR, you could use the above tips as a great starting point for learning how to quickscope with it. However, given the weapon’s experimental magazines and other cool configuration options, it’s best to experiment with the Rytec AMR to fully actualize its potential as a fantastic change-of-pace sniper rifle in your loadouts.
For more information and the latest intel on Warzone, visit www.callofduty.com/warzone and follow @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.