Although weapons are the stars of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, few can rival the flourish of Finishing Moves when removing threats in Multiplayer games.
Each Finishing Move takes a few seconds, and is a purely optional, but incredibly satisfying method of disposing of troublesome rivals you may come across, who aren’t being as situationally aware as perhaps they should be.
To equip a finishing move, go to the Operators menu, select your preferred Operator, head into the Customize submenu, and tab over to Finishing Moves. There, you can choose any of the unlocked Finishing Move that the chosen Operator has.
Executing a Finishing Move is as simple as holding down the Melee button behind an enemy.
Each named Operator relies on their specific and preferred method of close-quarter combat. Minotaur, for example, prefers brute strength while Charly favors a baton. By default, each Operator comes with their own signature Finishing Move for both regular situations and when the enemy is laying prone.
Enhance the Finish: New Moves
With Season One came new Finishing Moves that can be unlocked via Store bundles.
Want Yegor to break out the brass knuckles? How about D-Day hitting a ravishingly rude hangman neckbreaker on your worst enemy?
These moves, and more, add even more flair to embarrassing an opponent in style, so look through those bundles and see what new moves you can add to your Operator’s arsenal!
Perfecting the Finish: Top Five Tips
1. The Default is Yours: If you’re attempting a Finishing Move and nothing’s happening, it’s either because you’re not close enough, or not behind the enemy. It also could be because you chose a default Operator who don’t have Finishing Moves. Only the named Operators have Finishing Moves.
2. Ghost of a Chance: Running the Ghost perk can help you get behind enemy lines, as it shrouds you from UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors, and Snapshot Grenades. In other words, being undetectable from enemy intel could help you sneak around an enemy to perform a Finishing Move.
3. Track Star: Another perk to consider is Tracker; it allows you to see the footprint trails of enemies, which is essentially a breadcrumb path to a potential Finishing Move. Following those highlighted footprints – while also keeping aware of your surroundings – can be key to sneaking up and finding a soon-to-be-sorry opponent.
4. Dead Silence is Golden: If you’re planning to tackle foes with Finishing Moves, Dead Silence is an excellent Field Upgrade to pick. It quiets your footsteps, allowing you to skulk around the field and help you remain undetected.
5. Snapshot Success: Although there are several Tactical Grenades that can help with executing Finishing Moves – the Heartbeat Sensor can find enemies, the Stun Grenade can slow their movement – the Snapshot Grenade takes the cake as our recommended pick for a Finishing Move loadout. It reveals enemy locations via infrared profile highlights, allowing you to not only see where enemies are, but also the direction they are facing.
Use these tips and practice sneaking behind enemies, and you may just be able to deal that humiliating fatal blow in your next grudge match.
We’ll see you online. Stay frosty.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.