You can now join MLG’s GameBattles to play competitively in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. You can now join select Ladder and Tournament matches from directly in the game as part of this beta program, making it easier than ever to get your esports career started.
How to Play
First, you’ll need to sign up for a GameBattles account, and you can do that by downloading the GameBattles app on Android and iOS.
- Inside the app, click Sign Up to create an account.
- Once you’ve created an account, go to the Me tab on the bottom right and select Linked Accounts to link your PSN account to your GameBattles account.
- Ready for a freebie? Once you’ve linked your account, you’ll get an MLG calling card to use in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare to help you look the part.
Now that you’ve signed up and linked your PSN account, let’s find some matches.
- Head to the Explore page and select Infinite Warfare, then select the PS4 platform.
- Select Ladders and choose the Beta ladder.
- Create a team and invite other players, or join someone else’s team via a pending team invite.
- Now you’re ready to join a match with your new team. Click the Find a Match button and select a map that fits what you want to play.
- One you’ve accepted a match or someone has accepted the match you’ve posted, you’re ready to go.
With your match set up on GameBattles, it’s time to jump into the game.
- Open Infinite Warfare on your PlayStation 4 and select Multiplayer.
- Click the GameBattles button where you will find your earliest scheduled match.
- Confirm that this is what you want to play, and then click Join Game. You will be placed into the game lobby for your match. When you’re good to go, click the Ready Up button.
- Once all players have readied up, the match will begin as long as both teams are present.
- Once the match is complete, the results will be reported back to GameBattles.
Good luck, and have fun out there! And keep these additional notes in mind as you set out.
- The first player to enter a match will become the lobby host. It does not matter which team enters the lobby first, as matches are played on dedicated servers.
- If the lobby host leaves the game, it will close the lobby and players will need to join and ready up again.
- Both teams have 15 minutes to join the lobby and ready up.
- If a team does not join by 15 minutes after the start of the scheduled match start time, the team in the lobby will get a message with instructions. Teams should take a screenshot of that message and report the noshow in their match via the match page in the GameBattles app.
- Only one player from each team needs to be present for the match to start.
- After each map is complete, each team will get a scoreboard and a message stating the winning team. Teams should take video proof of both in case that are requested by GameBattles staff.
- If you have any problems or issues, contact GameBattles support via the app.
Think you’re ready for the road to pro? Test your mettle in GameBattles and find out!
For more intel about Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, be sure to visit CallofDuty.com/infinitewarfare and follow @CallofDuty and @InfinityWard on Twitter.