Tips for Bringing a Katana to a Gunfight
1. Map Knowledge. Consider the map you are playing on before you activate the Katana. Is it close-quarters or does it feature long sightlines? Because the Katana is a close-range weapon make sure the battlefield enables you to have success with it.
2. Striking Distance. If you are unsure if you are close enough to land a Katana kill, pay attention to your HUD. A crosshair will “lock-on” to an enemy hostile that is within range.
3. Smoke ‘Em Out. For enemies a good distance away, Smoke is a good way to close the gap undetected. If you want to continue using the Katana, you won’t have access to your standard weaponry. Use Smoke to move with stealth, then emerge with a deadly Katana surprise.
4. Stun’ On ‘Em. Concussion grenades disorient and slow enemies. Capitalize on the confusion and lack of speed to move in and let your blade do the rest.
5. Feeling Perky? If you are rolling with the Katana, choose some perks to benefit your Operator Skill. Consider Ghost to stay hidden and Skulker or Lightweight to increase your movement speed.
Conquer the Katana Kill Challenge and wield the sword in battle on your way to victory.
See you on the go and online!