Recently, Game Informer spent a few hours hacking, slashing, and exploring their way through late 1500s Sengoku Japan at FromSoftware’s Tokyo offices. The results of this journalistic endeavor have been handily gathered and listed, so you can further your Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice knowledge. Links are below:
1. Magazine Cover Revealed
Check out Game Informer Magazine’s epic cover art, showcasing the Shinobi protagonist.
2. How Character Progression Works In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Your prosthetic-armed swordsman can be tailored to your playstyle in a number of ways. Here’s how!
3. Here’s What You Can Do in Sekiro’s Hub Area
A brief tour of the Dilapidated Temple, where you gather your wits, useful items, and speak to The Sculptor.
4. Game Informer Show (Podcast)
Listen to the GI crew talk about their time with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (starting at the 4:40 minute mark).
5. Exclusive Gameplay from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’s Hirata Estates
Gameplay footage from an area known as Hirata Estates; a flashback event that sets the stage for the main game.
6. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’s New Combat Options Means Bosses Are a Little Different
Find out how FromSoftware tweaked every combat and boss encounter around The Wolf’s equipment sets.
7. Exclusive Gameplay and Details on Creating Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice’s Combat
For a deeper dive into the game’s incredible combat system, check out this interview with lead game designer Masaru Yamamura.
8. How FromSoftware is Changing its Approach to Storytelling for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Beauty. Death. Decay: Find out how Sekiro’s feudal Japan setting influenced the way this story is told.
9. How Sekiro Plays Differently Than Dark Souls
Got previous experience with the gameplay of FromSoftware’s games? Then check out some of the similarities and differences you can expect.
10. Exclusive Video on the Challenges of Creating Sekiro’s Dynamic World
Learn more about the world of Sekiro from lead concept designer Tetsu Takahashi and graphics engineer Takasuke Ando.
11. Inside the Creation of Sekiro’s Soundtrack
Learn the themes and instruments music composer Yuka Kitamura focuses on as she creates the game’s soundscapes.
12. Hidetaka Miyazaki on Receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award
After he won the Lifetime Achievement award at last year’s Golden Joysticks, Hidetaka Miyazaki has some wise words to impart.
13. How Tutorials Work in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Lead game designer Masaru Yamamura talks us through the balance of crafting a more accessible but challenging adventure.
14. The Full Hidetaka Miyazaki Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Interview
Game Director and Company President Hidetaka Miyazaki sat down with Game Informer for an extensive interview. This is that interview.
15. How Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Became an Activision Game
How did Activision’s relationship with the premiere Japanese developer come about? Find out here.
Don’t forget to check back with the Activision Games Blog regularly as we reveal more information. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is available on March 22, 2019, for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC. Pre-order it here… and remember: Take Revenge. Restore your Honor. Kill Ingeniously.
For further details about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, check out the Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice website, and follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.