Modern Warfare®’s tactically rich 2v2 mode, Gunfight, is spicing it up this week with the addition of an O.S.P Gunfight variant. O.S.P. (On Site Procurement) has a lot of the same mechanics and gameplay as traditional Gunfight with one distinct difference, you begin each match with no weapons or equipment.
So how does one win a Gunfight with no gun? Here’s an overview of all the specifics on Gunfight O.S.P. and some tips to help you master it.
Rules of Engagement
In Gunfight O.S.P., weapons are found on the ground and various walls. Run near a weapon and pick one up to be ready for battle. There will be a button prompt to pick up the weapon; press it and your good to go.
In addition, you’ll also find lethal and tactical equipment like Stuns or Frag Grenades. Pick up what you can and try to communicate it to your partner. Once you have your loadout, it’s business as usual. Take out the other team in any way possible or capture the flag during the endgame to secure the victory.
Strategies for Weapon Procurement
During other modes of play, everyone has a go-to weapon. It’s Loadout 1 for Multiplayer, carefully crafted in Gunsmith, and you know its strengths like the back of your hand. Even though you may have a favorite, for On Site Procurement, the first rule of thumb is any weapon is a good weapon. Remember that you start the match with fists, so anything you pick up is an instant upgrade. You can always swap your equipped weapon out for another one you come across, so consider picking up the first gun you find.
When you do come across a weapon, its name (like AK-47) will display prompting you to pick it up. You probably won’t have time to test out the weapon to determine if it’s an assault rifle, marksman rifle, full auto, or burst fire. Once you start moving the game is live, and the enemy will be after you. For O.S.P., it’s worth getting to know the weapons that you’ll find in a match, so when you pick it up you know how it works and how to be successful with it.
While guns are arguably the most valuable resources in Gunfight O.S.P., picking up equipment has its uses. A well-placed Frag or expertly tossed Throwing Knife can take down a foe and a Flash or Stun can give you a few vital extra seconds to down your opponent. The most critical equipment piece that could be found is arguably the Stim. Stim replenishes you back to full health giving you more strength to tackle any engagement.
Prepare for all Engagements
While the layout of all the maps are in the same in Gunfight O.S.P., there are a few maps that offer Operators the chance to get even more creative.
The available weapons on your side of the spawn are the same as the enemies. For instance, if the weapon directly in front of your spawn is a pistol; it will be the same for the other team.
While the majority of the walls have weapons, picking up one might just put you in the line of fire. If you aren’t keen on the weapons located in your spawn, make sure the lanes are clear before you go out on the hunt to add more to your loadout.
Being one of the larger 2v2 maps, Hill has its pros and cons. For O.S.P. that means weapons are more spread out. You’ll be able to grab a pistol but depending on your path you may be stuck with that pistol longer than you would like.
Key Tactics and Tips for Gunfight O.S.P.
Still gunning to be the best at Gunfight O.S.P.? Here’s a list of our top 5 tips to help you with or without a gun.
1. Initial Strategies: At the beginning of the match remember no one has weapons. If you’re a player that prefers short-range engagements, you could consider pushing up. Use the initial weapon scramble to close the gap, then pick up a weapon and surprise your target. This is a risk versus reward strategy, because you may be spotted and fired on before you can grab a gun. If you can manage some sneaky stealth action, things may go in your favor.
2. Gun Location Intel: Knowing the map is important for all Gunfight matches, but knowing where you can find specific weapons is an extra bit of intel that gives you a high Gunfight O.S.P. I.Q. Play through a couple of matches to get a feel for the weapons, and their locations. Or head to a Private Match and select On Site Procurement in the Game Rules menu to get a complete lay of the land outside of the intensity of Public Matchmaking.
3. Pick Up Two Weapons: If you find one weapon you like, great! But, it’s always good to pick up a pistol. If you happen to run out of ammo with your primary, having a backup can be a lifesaver. Remember switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading.
4. Team Game: Communication is a rule of thumb for all matches, but in Gunfight O.S.P. you need to share additional information. While each team has access to the same loadouts, there may only be one of specific loadout on your side of the spawn. Found your teammate’s favorite weapon instead of yours? Communicate, and if it’s safe you can sync up and swap. Or (see tip two) wait for the next round and take the path where you know you’ll find the weapon you like.
5. Weapon Types: Each weapon location for pickup will stay consistent every match, but certain things may change. You’ll always find an assault rifle at the same spot, but it may be a Kilo 141 one round and an AK-47, the next. Study the strengths of weapon classes and specific weapons to be prepared for any gun you might procure in this mode.
Gunfight O.S.P. is live as a part of new game update in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®. Jump in now, pick a weapon, and enjoy!
We’ll see you online. Stay frosty.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.