Call of Duty: Warzone is a new free-to-play, massive combat experience from the world of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare®. And we mean massive: Warzone delivers a huge gaming experience for up to 150 players in the incredibly expansive map of Verdansk.
Starting tomorrow morning at 8AM PDT, current Modern Warfare owners will get early access to Warzone following a brief download. But rest easy world, you can play Warzone too. Warzone is free for everyone. The full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is not required. So, tomorrow at 12PM PDT players who don’t have Modern Warfare can download Warzone for Free.
Clear Your Calendar, Update Drivers And… Make Space
Warzone is a massive experience, delivering an online combat arena featuring two epic modes of play for up to 150 players. With the scope and scale of an experience such as this, also comes a sizeable download. New Warzone players, who do not own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, will need approximately 80 – 101GB of hard drive space for download (will vary by platform).
Downloading could take up to several hours depending on bandwidth, service provider and additional regional factors. So set your out-of-office reminder, walk the dog, and stock up the fridge. Before you know it, you’ll be a Tier One Operator in the heat of battle.
Preparation for Warzone: Helpful Information
Intel: Modern Warfare Owners
· For owners of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Warzone will replace the previously named ‘Classified’ panel in the Main Menu.
· A one-time early access will give Modern Warfare owners the ability to download Warzone at 8AM PDT tomorrow.
· For Modern Warfare owners who are current and have the most recent title updates, the download will be around 18-22GB.
· For Modern Warfare owners who don’t have the most recent title update, a larger download of up to 80GB (may vary by platform) will be required.
· For Modern Warfare disc owners who no longer have their disc copy, a larger download of up to 80GB (may vary by platform) will be required. In order to download Warzone, game disc owners without their disc copy must delete their Modern Warfare game data, then they can download Warzone from the store. Upon completion, this download will only include Warzone, however all of your stored Modern Warfare Multiplayer inventory and progression will continue.
· Once download is complete, Modern Warfare owners will “unlock” the Warzone panel, which was previously classified, and can enter the lobby and play.
Intel: New, Free-to-Play Warzone Players
· For non-owners of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Warzone will be available to download free in respective first-party stores starting as early as 12 PM PDT tomorrow. Head to the store and search for ‘Warzone.’ Choose Call of Duty: Warzone to download. Warzone is a 83-101GB download for new, free-to-play users. Download could take up to several hours depending on bandwidth, service provider, additional regional factors and will vary by platform.
· After selecting Warzone for download from the store, your notification will display that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is downloading. You should see an image of Warzone in your game tile to confirm that you are indeed downloading Warzone.
· The Warzone download is segmented. The first segment of approximately 20GB will enable you to jump in – offline – to play solo in Gunfight matches with bots. During this offline play, your download progress will continue in the background. This offline experience is branded Modern Warfare and gives you a taste of the full Modern Warfare experience, but rest assured Warzone is on its way to you.
· Once you’ve completed the second installment segment, you will have completed your full download of Warzone.
· You must exit the offline Gunfight matches to launch Warzone once the download has completed.
For more information and the latest intel on Warzone, visit www.callofduty.comand follow @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.